While thinking about this holiday season, it occurred to us that for business owners, this time of year represents either the happy anticipation of a rise in income or the dread of lean times, depending on the type of business you’re in, and this has certainly applied to us in previous years.
We gave this some thought, and we wanted to share with you 5 things small business owners can do over the holiday season to ensure that they have a great time (very important!) while at the same time increasing their ability to share their brilliance with more people.
Anyone can do these things – you don’t have to be struggling in order to benefit from these easy-to-do ideas. On the other hand, they cost almost nothing so they’re perfect if you’re on a pinched budget:
- Decide that you personally are going to have a really happy and heart-warming holiday season, no matter what. Go ahead and spread your cheer – it will come back to you tenfold!
- Grab your calendar and do some research to find out what events and parties are going on in your area that are free or reasonable to attend. Pick the ones that sound the most fun to you that will involve being able to interact with other people.
- Make sure you have a gazillion business cards – and have a bunch with you at all times, just in case.
- Attend every party, volunteer activity, parade or open house that you can possibly fit into your schedule, exchanging business cards with everyone you talk to, and leaving small piles of them wherever is appropriate.
- Take some time to cruise around and put business cards up on notice boards in supermarkets, car washes, cafes – anywhere that allows you to put your card up.
These actions should result in you creating some new connections and adding them to your mailing list, while nurturing your current relationships. We’ve found that when you’re actively doing something – no matter how seemingly minor – in the direction of achieving your goals – any stress you may be feeling will tend to recede and you’ll be able to get into the swing of things and have a good time. And we want that for you, because you deserve it.
Love, Mandy & Wayne
Check out our limited time offer MoMo (Money Momentum) Booster package – it may be just what you need!